Monday, May 16, 2011

typical monday...

“You don’t change Vera Wang to fit your body, you change your body to fit Vera Wang.” You might recognize this quote from the movie "bride wars".. cute movie but not so funny when it becomes reality! Today I went for my second dress fitting and it zipped up as far as I could get it myself without a problem then the little lady that altered it comes in to help zip it up the rest of the way... this is were it gets bad fast.. she goes it zip it up and she seems to be having a little trouble with it and in my mind I'm thinking oh.. this happens all the time.. ill just suck in really deep and this wont be a problem so I squeeze in a deep breathe and nothing happens.. she STILL cant get it zipped! Freak out! Then the dreaded words come out of her mouth, it was like slow motion similar when the boy on the sandlot says "FOORRREEVVVVVEEEERRRRRRR...", here they come.. "we might need to take it out a little." She might as well have ripped my heart out of my chest.. maybe then it would have fit! Anyway.. I left there so depressed I had to stop and get a cookie at beagle bagel (see what bad news does to me). So tonight I went to zumba and hip hop class at the YMCA. Zumba is a little different and my instructor is like 50 with head to toe zumba gear but it was a good workout. Hip hop is my fav even though it has lead me to the realization that I have no rhythm and I obviously totally embarrassed myself all those years in college at the club breaking it down like its 1999. Along with exercise I have come up with a list of things I need to give up if i want to fit into my wedding dress and not sink into a deep depression...
1. Flaming hot Cheetos.. this is gonna be the hardest one to go without bc you see I have never tried drugs but my addiction to flaming hot Cheetos is probably equivalent to someone addicted to crack.
2. skittles
3. Pizza
4. Mexican food.. also hard bc David is addicted to chimichangas
5. Goobers.. my go to candy at the movies
6. Cheesesticks
7. Kiefers
8. Wendys spicy chicken sandwich
I'm sure there is lots more I just cant think of them. UGHHH.. not fun :(





On to better things to chat about... David and I had our first engagement party this past weekend and we had such a good time. We are so thankful to have such wonder people in our lives to help us celebrate this new chapter. Here are some pics from the party...



mom, me, and my daddy
Jen Jen, me, Christina, and Kel Kel
me and future sista





The Woolfolks, the future Ratcliffs, and the Adams... prom pose anyone??

me and my sweetie!
Not only was this weekend our engagement party it was also Davids D4 honors banquet. My little smarty pants got 2 awards!! Most important.. the Endodontics (sp?) award which is awesome bc that's what he wants to specialize in so that will look amazing on his applications! wooohooo!





He is so cute! love him!
Well that is all for tonight! sweet dreams blog world.. see ya again soon! And I'm sorry about the nothing being centered right.. no blog fairy yet.. still waiting ;)

1 comment:

  1. Jessicat!!! you do not need to lose anymore weight!! have you tried this dress on before? because remember you had to go down a size when originally bought! love you and had a blast this past weekend and CANNOT wait until your bach party!!

    ReplyDelete