Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap...

This weekend David and I went to Starkville for engagement pictures. When I thought about what the photos would look like this is what came to mind...





or even this...

However, when you are in the moment and the photographers (who were amazing! David and I are just retarded when it comes to making a staged photo look natural) are telling you to look at each other and act like you love each other it's a little weird. "Just look at each other and talk" they say... hmm... (David and I looking at each other) "how about them dawgs?" "Did you know the sky is blue?" "O really thats amazing". Let me tell ya, our conversations were amazing. Needless to say throughout the fake laughing and gazing into each others eyes this is how I felt the pictures turned out when it was over...



So only time will tell and I will post the outcome. I have faith that Laura can turn our awkwardness into something beautiful. While we were in town we got to spend a little time with my wild nieces. This is a typical phone conversation I have with both Izzy and Kendall...



Me: "hey Izz"


Izzy: "Where's Dabid (David in izzy talk)"


Me: "Umm Izz its Aunt Jssica what are you doing?"


Izzy: "nothing... where's Dabid?"


Me: "He is not here. Dont you want to talk to me?"


Izzy: "Umm.. but where is he? I want to talk to Dabid"


And this continues until she finally just throws the phone down.. then kendall picks up and its like the same convo.. they are obsessed with him and I'm highly jealous. What did he do that was so awesome? geez.. I need the secret! David has a way with kids though.. we will be at flag island on the river and he will find the only kid out of 100 old drunk people and play with them. I have to say its pretty sweet.. he will be a good daddy one day! On to something a little more serious.. sunday was my mothers family memorial. The church is located right outside of Mantee, Ms which is right next to Cumberland, Ms. A lot of people may not know that this area of the state was also hit hard by the tornados last week. We decided to ride through the area and my heart just broke. They are not getting the help they need. I know that it is not as bad as places like Smithville or Alabama but there were several homes destroyed and the entire East Webster School was demolished. My dad works for 4-county electric power and he has worked non-stop for the last week along with all his linemen and they need help! So please pray that FEMA will come to the rescue. It's in the Lords hands..













1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the engagement pics!! I bet they turn out great!! you gave me a good giggle when you said what you think they will look like. Love you Jessicat!

    ReplyDelete